ASTi products have a significant set of standard security features. Optional security features such as the security package or Information Assurance (IA) maintenance contract can also be added to the product to provide a further level of protection for systems running on classified or unclassified LAN or WAN. ASTi offers multiple levels of IA services to meet various customer requirements.
Standard IA Features
» Standard IA
- Includes an NIAP-approved operating systems (OS) built on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® (RHEL) version 5.x
- Minimizes open network ports by closing all ports not vital for the platform's operation
- Authenticates users by assigning unique user ID and passwords to individual accounts
- Multi-Level Security (MLS)
- Security Enhanced Linux™ (SELinux) can be enabled
- Faster MLS switching through use of iSCSI or Diskless network boot
- Diskless and iSCSI support offers:
- Erasure of clients after powering off
- Central model management
- Time-saving solution (site visits, hard disk drive swapping, etc.)
- Restricts access to only essential configuration and management elements required for operation, resulting in limited secure remote access to the platform
- Tracks activities and modifications to the entire system, including: file system, processes, user actions (i.e. password changes), use of authentication services, and configuration changes
- BIOS password protection
ASTi offers an additional security package that helps customers meet the DOD IA requirements for systems attached to a secure network. Typically the IA package is applied to the latest ASTi software revision, however it can be
applied to a specific customer requested version. This benefits the military's land, sea and flight simulation world where custom software elements are frozen during acceptance testing. Security package features include:
» IA Package
- ASTi's IA hardening script
- Minimizes or eliminates all high, medium and low severity items
- Multiple STIG benchmark reports to assist Designated Accrediting Authority (DAA)
- STIG Benchmark All Settings HTML Report
- STIG Benchmark Non-Compliance HTML Report
- STIG Benchmark XML Results
- ASTi SCC Non-Compliance Supplement Report
- Includes a breakdown of STIG Benchmark Non-Compliance PDIs into a detailed open, false positive and waiver listing for analysis and use by the DAA
- Includes one customer-requested update within a year of purchase
IA Maintenance Program
ASTi offers an ongoing IA maintenance contract for customers who require periodic patch updates. The IA maintenance contract includes all Security Package features and the following additional features:
» IA Maintenance
- All Security Package features above1
- Includes scheduled software updates (quarterly or more frequent)
- RedHat Network Patches
- Latest ASTi software features and enhancements
- One, two and three year contracts available
- DIACAP approved for T4 and Voisus Server product lines. Contact ASTi for Voisus Server options.
- Tiered pricing structure to reduce cost as system count increases
1 The latest ASTi software release is always provided for the IA maintenance contract. Contact ASTi for complete details.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux is a registered trademark of Red Hat, Inc.
in the United States and other countries.