ORTT Detailed System Requirements
Two Own-Ship Cubicles
The ORTT consists of two completely independent training areas (called cubicles) each consisting of bridge and operation room sections. Each cubicle consists of 33 communications panels comprised of 12 unique panel types, among 14 operator stations. Each cubicle's communications functionality was divided between two stand-alone subsystems.
SHINCOM Subsystem Equipment Set:
- SHINCOM III terminal (independent, stereo net access)
- SHINCOM II terminal (monaural net access)
- Action Alarm Switch
- Terminal Extension Unit (audio input/output extension to either SHINCOM terminal)
- Approximately 80% of the actual equipment's functionality was required.
- Numeric display of called and calling number.
- LED indicator display of terminal status.
- Call, Ring, Busy, Error, and call intrusion tones.
- Point-to-point access via configurable dial numbers.
- Conference nets via programmed, configurable keys.
- Seven, pre-programmed, immediate-access nets via programmed/configurable keys.
- Access to host configurable virtual radios (HF, VHF, UHF, AM, FM) including full radio propagation modeling.
- Plain and Crypto radio operations via programmed/configurable keys.
- Public Address system access via the SHINCOM terminals.
- Easy, pre-game configuration of dial numbers, and programmable keys. Easy, game-time configuration of radio parameters and nets.
Ancillary Radio Subsystem
- Motorola URC-200 Proteus radio (VHF/UHF, multi-channel digital scanning radio)
- Underwater Telephone Master and Remote units (Voice and telegraph modes)
- Sealand Marine Mobile Radio VHF FM Radios (Master and Remote units)
- Land Forces Select Radio (LFSR) Master and remote units (VHF multi-channel, 2 radios)
- URC-200: eight character display, scanning, error messages
- UWT: Voice, Key, Responder, Passive, and Automatic transmission modes.
- Propagation time delay on telegraph signals based on intra-platform distance.
- VHF MMR: channel scanning, channel display
- LFSR: Dual monitor capability Full radio propagation modeling.
Trainer Control Cubicle
Each of two Trainer Control Cubicles supporting 28 Instructor/Trainers, and used for internal and external communications between trainees and instructors, and between instructors.
- Independent entity attach
- Independent access and control of receive-only and transmit/receive radios employing full radio propagation modeling.
- Full-duplex access to five instructor-only intercom nets
- Full-duplex access to each of the seven CPF cubicle nets (14 total)
- Binaural audio streams provide simultaneous, multiple audio stream monitoring capability with individual volume control.
- Noise jamming control of the virtual radios located in the own-ship cubicles.
- 30 simultaneous voice streams recorded over an 8 hour period.
- Record and playback start, stop, and pause functions
- Time indexed recordings
- Tape back-up and archive
Future requirement to add an additional Own-Ship Cubicle
The system architecture must be sufficiently extensible to allow the future addition of another cubicle (i.e. 34 additional panels), while minimizing system modification and upgrade.