Splitting the Studio and Target features into two components improves the robustness, performance, and scalability of ASTi's new architecture. Target is an embedded, real-time sound and communications modeling platform with ACE software, running on multiple network devices providing high-fidelity radio/communications and environmental cue modeling applications. Target will also run the Remote Management System (RMS) for headless setup and management.
Target connects to ASTi's flexible, network-based ACENet architecture and remotely distributed ACENet audio interfaces (ACU2, ACE-RIU) which combined provide a high-fidelity, scalable, digital audio and I/O distribution network for remote connection of operator headsets, microphone, speakers, live radios, hand-held terminals, control panels and other peripheral devices.
- Separate real-time ACE software environment for increased robustness and performance
- High-fidelity, networked radio and communications simulation
- Environmental cue simulation
- Remote connection to a wide range of audio and I/O peripherals
- High-fidelity 48kHz audio
- Multiple platform connectivity for growth and scalability
- Real-time performance and reliability using the latest multi-core processing technology
- Security enhancements per DISA STIGs
Target Server Applications
ASTi's Target hosts a powerful suite of server-based applications, used to further enhance the simulated communications environment, extend communications and modeling capabilities, and provide protocol translation and interfacing. ACE software applications run on the Target platform and provide enhanced capabilities for one to many Target platforms.
Target Server Features:
- HF/ALE: High-fidelity HF propagation and Automatic Link Establishment modeling
- SATCOM: DASA, DAMA, uplink/downlink, delay, encryption
- Terrain: World database, DTED/DEM, and fresnel zone/diffraction
- Link 16: Terminal simulation propagation, NPG, data rate simulation, stacked/crypto nets, SISO Tadil-Tales support
- HLA: Multiple RTI vendor/version, DDM, connectionless mode, and multiple federation support, NASMP and DMO compliant, remote federation management
- State Modeling: Hosting of system wide state models (e.g. dial-up/pbx applications)
- Protocol Translation/Interfacing: e.g. VoIP, non-standard simulations/protocols