Serious Comms for Serious Games
ASTi's Voisus software-based communications client integrates high-fidelity simulated radios directly into serious games such as Bohemia Interactive's Virtual Battle Space 2 (VBS2™) interactive training system. The audio processing is offloaded from the desktop application to the Voisus Server, offering several critical benefits: Conservation of CPU resources, maximum reliability, and simplified maintenance via centralized web-based management.
In-game access to advanced comms features:
- Intuitive interface
- Keyboard hot-key support
- Real-time status indicator
- Operators can access 16 radios/intercoms with an unlimited number of radio nets.
- Earshot offers in-game voice communication to nearby players - no more shouting across the desk.
- Simscribe is fully compatible with VBS2's AAR functionality.
- Robust Information Assurance: For compliance with the most rigorous government IA standards.
- Voisus client is tightly integrated with VBS2, and launches automatically with the game.
- Supports powerful ASTi radio features: Single-channel/frequency-hop, AM/FM, and PT/CT.
- Players automatically acquire/release vehicle radio and intercom assets as they enter/exit vehicles. This is essential for vehicle-based training.
- Radio propagation modeling links ASTi radios to players' in-game positions.
- Integrated DIS and HLA interfaces.
- Intuitive GUI flattens operator learning curve.
- The flexible audio interface supports USB headsets and PTTs.
- Communications traffic and in-game audio are seamlessly mixed in operators' headsets.
- Keyboard hot-keys for push-to-talk, transmit/receive, and radio/net selection.
- Centralized, web-based configuration and management using ASTi and VBS2 tools.
Specialized user interfaces are available, including: SINCGARS, PRC-117 and other military radios.