Cockpits can be loud. Telestra is ready to help model all of the sounds a pilot needs to hear during training. With customized components, Telestra can synthesize all of the engines, malfunctions, and weapon sounds needed to properly immerse the trainee in their simulated world.
Engines, Rotors and Propellers
ASTi's environmental cue feature set includes sound synthesizing components such as engines, rotor and propellers. These software components respond to high-level parameters (engine RPM, thrust, and torque) from the simulator host computer to dynamically synthesize these spectrally complex sounds. Components can be locally tuned by setting parameters, such as number of blades and blade length, to optimize fidelity. Key features include:
- Jet/Turbine engine simulation
- Intake and exhaust sounds
- Helicopter main and tail rotor sound simulation
- Propeller sound simulation
- User configurable parameters such as blade length, blade number, and blade hiss characteristics
- High-level parameter driven interface such as N1, N2, RPM, and blade angle
Learn more about ASTi's Aural Cue Simulation.
Navigation Aid components such as VOR, TACAN, NDB, VORTAC, and Marker Beacon provide accurate simulation of vehicle and ground-based navigational systems.
Navigation Aids features include:
- Morse code keying of navigation tones from ASCII identification strings
- TACAN, VOR, ILS, ADF, BFO, DME, and Marker Beacon simulation
- Correct reception of tones based on tuned frequency
- Station fade with distance or transmitter signal strength
- Lightning and background noise effects
- Line of sight and over-the-horizon simulation
- Squelch and AGC simulation
- UHF/HF and AM/FM transmission
- Transmission/reception based on signal strength
Accurately simulate radar warning receiver and ECM audio using ASTi's electronic warfare components. Electronic warfare components synthesize the audio signals generated by EW equipment derived from received radar signals. The resulting audio is a series of pulses based on the characteristics of the demodulated radar signal.
Key features include:
- Generation of radar warning receiver pulse stream for RWR and ECM audio simulation
- Radar pulse stream audio frequency and amplitude modulation control and effects
- Jamming effects
- Signal strength and scan effects
- Standard frequency modulation types such as steady, triangular, sinusoidal, ramp/sawtooth, random, step and dwell and stagger
- High-level, parameter-driven interface such as PRI, Frequency Modulation Mode, and Pulse Width